- Obsidian has a new logo, a new website design, a new changelog, and a new blog. The figma files for the new logo are located here. They also added more export options to the icon customizer: you can now download to ICO for Windows, and ICNS for macOS.
New in Community Plugins
These plugins went through code review and are now available in Obsidian's plugin list. For the full list, check out the plugin stats page.
- Auto Hide Cursor by
@moismathides the cursor when scrolling and shows it again when moving the mouse.
- Open Plugin Settings by
@Lisandra-devwill create a command to open a specified plugin settings.
Pending (as of Friday morning)
Note: Not all new plugins are available in the community list yet, as they need to go through code review first. You can manually install plugins that aren't in the community list yet by using the Beta Reviewer's Auto-update Tool. Note, though, that this is not as safe as waiting for them to go through code review.
- Obsidian Typst by
typstcode blocks and math blocks to images with Typst.
- File Include by
@tillahoffmannmakes it easier to include or embed files.
- Cyrillic Morpher by
@vanadium23can generate cases for cyrillic named files and update your aliases with command.
- Cloudinary by
@uday-samsaniallows you to upload content (images, videos, audio) to Cloudinary and insert (copy or drag both) them into your notes.
- Codeblock Template by
@sylcoolallows for the reuse of content within Code Blocks, with the ability to utilize variables.
- Movie by
@onuraycicekmakes it easier to search for movies info and trailers.
- Note Highlighter by
@JeremiahKoeimanhighlights notes that have 1 or more todos in them.
- Automatic List Styles by
@WiseGuruautomatically formats the styles of ordered lists, incrementing the list style for each layer.
- Blur by
@gapmissobfuscates blocks of text.
- Iconoir Icons by
@gapmisscan create & display customized SVG Iconoir icons.
- Flashcards LLM by
@crybotwill use Large Language Models (such as ChatGPT) to automatically generate flashcards from obsidian notes.
If you want a comprehensive list of what plugins updated this week, check out this plugin updates index by Ganessh Kumar.
- Tasks Plugin v3.8.0 introduced options to position next recurrences below the current task, and to limit task groups to a specified number of tasks.v3.9.0 added new priority levels for tasks and fixed Obsidian 1.3.0 log spam. v3.10.0 updated the auto-suggest feature for task priorities.
- Open Gate v1.8.0 added a custom frame inside codeblocks to embed any website in your notes.
- Obsidian Weaver v0.5.2 and v0.5.3 added conversation styles, information messages, and features for loading recent conversations and toggling visibility. These releases also fixed issues related to the import algorithm and the stop button.
- Webpage HTML Export v1.6.0 provided features for exploring all files in your export and for transclusions, along with improvements in layout, behavior, and usability options. This version also removed jQuery dependency, and fixed various issues related to media exporting, paths, mathjax styles, and export cancellation.
- Adamantine Pick v0.4.5 added offline embedded support for pikchr diagrams and collecting rare notes.
- Notion Like Tables v6.11.0 introduced full wiki links support, allowing easy connection of notes in your vault to your table. This version also implemented its own fuzzy sort suggest menu and autocomplete functionality for brackets.
Note: these plugins have not yet been submitted for code review, and are being made available primarily for testing purposes.
- Surfing Key v0.0.1 allows for full control of Obsidian via keyboard, with easy navigation by pressing two or three letters.
@shabegomgot injured and is having some health problems, they're looking for someone to take over maintaining the Buttons plugin. You can find more details in Discord or on Github.
- NeuBorder by
@sq1000000is new a rework of obsidian-border that prioritizes neumorphic design, legibility, and keeping away distractions.
- Strict by
@Nikolai2038is a new compact strict dark theme.
- Tokyo Night Storm by
@arozxis an adaptation of the Tokyo Night color scheme.
- The Sodalite Theme v0.8.0 made multiple improvements including adding theming for callouts, improving file tree and tooltip visibility, and fixing various padding and viewing issues.
- The Obsidian TTRPG Community put together a vault for the 13th Age System Resource Document.
- Here's a nice look at Obsidian as a personal glossary.
- Here's how to use the Meta Bind plugin as a client relationship management database.
- Here's a lengthy discussion about different people's favorite Obsidian related YouTube channels.
- Here's a discussion about whether large language models can replace personal knowledge management.
Note: There are a couple of affiliate links & codes scattered around, but these always come from links I was already recommending and usually I share them because they benefit you too (i.e. getting you extra time on trials).
Check out one of these related posts
I'm over on Substack now!
I had a baby. The Obsidian ecosystem has evolved. Find out what that means for the Obsidian Iceberg 👀
Some resources for staying up to date while I'm out on maternity leave.